Follow Me on Instagram

Friday, April 15, 2016

Homemade "Reinbow" Sprinkle Horse Treats

I've always wanted to try making my own horse treats and I finally got to try them out this week.

They Neigh, I Pay

Reinbow Horse Treats
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup steel cut oats or flax meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp Oil (Coconut or vegetable)
1/2 cup molasses
Sprinkles for decoration


1. Preheat over to 350. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Prep a greased baking sheet or one fitted with a silicone mat and set aside.

2. Add the oil and molasses and mix all the ingredients together until they come together into a "dough".

3. Spoon out a teaspoon of dough and with your hands roll into a ball. Press the dough flat with the tips of your fingers onto the baking sheet. If the dough cracks or crumbles a little bit, just reshape into
a disk shape.

4. Press sprinkles into the top of the disks and bake for 20 minutes.

5. Cool and enjoy!

*N.B These horse cookies bake crisp so they can be kept in an airtight container and do not need to be used up immediately :) Like all horse treats, please feed sparingly*

They Neigh, I Pay
"Reinbow" sprinkle horse treats

 Here's a preview of the second batch of horse "cupcakes" I made, recipe to follow soon!


They Neigh, I Pay
Panda tested, Panda approved









No comments:

Post a Comment